General Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - General Travel Insurance

We have listed below the majority of general questions we frequently get asked. We hope this helps but of course if you have any other questions please look at the other frequently asked questions or if you still can't find an answer don't hesitate to contact our sales team who will be happy to help on 01392 287 418.

Although these frequently asked questions are to assist you. You should read the policy carefully to make sure it suits your requirements. The policy wording is available on this site HERE.

General FAQs

  • Are there any conditions that we should know about?
    As with all insurance policies there are conditions: for example, there are excesses under most sections of your policy to reduce the incidence of small claims, and you are signing, electronically, that you abide by the conditions. It is a serious offence to misrepresent material facts under an insurance contract (e.g. you confirm, in signing, that there are no pre-existing medical reasons increasing the risk of treatment being required whilst away from home).
  • Can children travel unaccompanied of an adult?
    No. Any person under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. But if your child is travelling with another adult and not a parent, we can still cover the child aged under 18.
  • Can I cover my adult daughter on my annual policy?
    No. Our Family policies will cover the main insured person, his/her spouse or Common Law Partner and/or their (up to 4) dependent children if under 18 years of age (in full time education and residing with them). Your daughter would need an individual policy.
  • Will I need to take my policy with me when travelling?
    Yes — This documentation provides you with information and emergency telephone numbers you may need in the event of making a claim while travelling. It will also provide details of any supporting documentation that may be required in the event of a claim (i.e. loss reports, receipts etc). It is also a good idea to cut out the policy number and emergency number details to carry with you at all times.
  • How will I receive my policy documents?
    Once the online or telephone booking is completed you will be immediately emailed your detailed policy certificate and full policy wording document. Should you also require a hard copy posted to you there is a small administration charge.
  • If my car breaks down on holiday am I covered?
    No — Your policy doesn't cover car breakdown.
  • My son wants to go on a backpacking holiday around Australia for 7 months will he be covered under my Annual Travel Policy?
    No. Extended or long stay trips must be insured under our Backpacker Policy. The backpacking policy will cover travellers for up 18 months if your son is over 18 years of age. The maximum duration for any one trip on the annual multi trip policy is 62 days.
  • What can I do to make sure that nobody sees the financial information I input into the site?
    All the information you transmit across the Internet is encrypted, meaning it is secure against possible interception. You can see this by checking that you see the padlock icon in your internet browser when completing your personal/financial information.
  • What happens about my renewal if I have an annual policy?
    Approximately 28 days before your policy expires we will email you to invite you to renew this policy. If you have any medical conditions, your policy will not be renewed automatically.
  • What if I wish to cancel my policy?
    Unless your trip will be completed within one month of buying this insurance, you have the right to cancel any policy of insurance within 14 days of the date of issue or receipt of the terms and conditions, whichever is later. We will refund to you any premium you have paid and will recover from you any payments we have made.
  • What is Insurance Premium Tax?
    Insurance Premium Tax (or IPT as it is often known) at 20%, is a tax which we have to collect on behalf of the Government.